Hey guys! This was NOT a PMP interview! It was better! I has an opportunity to talk about some of the community work we're doing this season. S/O to The Carl Nelson Show and the BR4PC for allowing me to share my story and help individuals stay informed about community issues. Tune in below:
While listening to a podcast on Smart Passive Income by Pat Flynn & Josh Shipp, I examined myself on a couple of key things:
- What would my best and worst clients say my character flaw is?
- When did I fall in LOVE with my clients (or have I)?
So, here’s the honest truth.
My character flaw: Follow Up. I wasn’t great at it. I openly admit it. The more I improve it, it’s still not perfect. Here’s one new technique I’ve added to help me:
“If it takes 10 minutes or less, do it NOW.”
A quick tip for you: Place it on a calendar. Have specific times twice/week when you follow up with team members, clients, etc. Even if it’s just a quick check-up, it’s advantageous! I incorporated it this week, and received a note to schedule a meeting with a client about future work.
Great advice from a close friend! I took it to heart, wand while it’s not always easy, it’s effective.
When did I fall in LOVE with my clients (or have I)?
If I have to be honestly truthful, I haven’t completely. As an entrepreneur, it’s difficult – well, that’s the excuse I’ve used (and maybe you have to). I won’t belabor the point, but here’s what I’ve done to catapult my love for my new leader clients (hope this helps you too):
- Recommit to provide more value in inboxes (2x/week);
- Direct clients to my new site and communities, so I can follow-up and engage (answer questions, give suggestions) so everyone can benefit;
- Repurpose training to quick little (FREE) videos for people who can’t break away from work, come to a 1- or 2-day session;
Hopefully, you picked up a nugget or two from this. If so, let me know. If I’ve missed something, or you have a new idea, please share it below…