It’s 5th Quarter People! It’s that time of year when most people are winding down, and you should be winding up. It’s that point where the mediocre gain weight by attempting the ranks of the holiday party hall of fame. It’s where true leaders either struggle or find strength.
Over the past couple of years, I’ve understood this phenomenon in my business. And it’s usually when I stumble upon a client in dire need of something and willing to invest to change before the new year. And yes, it’s happened again this year. So, I want to share a few things with you that will help you turn up in the last few weeks of the year.
Chris’ 5th Quarter Regiment for Leadership Strength
- Plan 2015 Strategy Now. Don’t get caught with your pants down. If you want to lose weight, hit the gym now (and cut back on the sweets). If you want more money and clients, market now. Contact them now. Set up meetings now. If you want to be a better leader of your team, get training now. Get coaching now.
- Burn the Friggin’ Boats. Set forth on the path. I feel you on this one, I’ve burned the boats and put the fires out sooooo many times. But each burned boat gets you close. Now beef up. I’m with you. Let’s go. Literally. Let’s go.
- Stumble Forward & Don’t Fall. You are going to trip up. You are, let’s be honest. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and develop some leadership grit. Some self-leadership grit. No time for sugar-coating. It’s time to build your resolve.
- Track Your Success. What small wins can you stack up in the next 20 days. Don’t let the holidays be your excuse. I’ve set up a client meeting on Dec. 20. And I’m going to close them for new work beginning in January. What about you?
- Watch Your Self-Talk. Keep telling yourself the good stuff. Keep instilling positive affirmations in yourself. Find someone to do the same. If you need a little mojo, check out my Slow Tuesday Posts. They’ll help. By the way, YOU ROCK!
You have 29 days to test my 5th Quarter strategy in your leadership world and personal life. Use it, test it, poke holes in it. Then come back at the end of the month and let me know how successful you’ve been.
Wanna chat in the interim? Feel free to add to the conversation below. Get my Free eBook to help you out along the way by clicking here.