- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Weird = Successful.
- Go downstairs, make a cup of coffee, go back upstairs to the office.
- Set the timer for 60 minutes.
- Put your earbuds in.
- Turn your phone over, don’t check email, nor log into any social media outlets.
- Turn on Baroque music (no words please) and begin the creating. Begin with a 3-minute outline, and begin filling in the blanks.
- If it’s writing, blogging, journaling, recording, whatever, get into action tomorrow.
- Don’t come out until the timer sounds. Many times, you’ll want to keep going.
Sometimes you’ll have 14 words. Other times, you’ll have 14 pages. I’m willing to bet, more times than not, that you can be more productive than you think. It’s not easy, but if you wanted easy you wouldn’t still be reading. What you’ll find is:
- This process kickstarts the hell out of your day.
- You’re so much more innovative than you think.
- You have expertise buried under all that red tape and BS.
- Someone will read, listen and follow what you create.
Make it a point to do this 4 days each week. In a few short weeks, you’ll be amazed at what you’ve accomplished. This is how I completed my new book, Consult in Jeans (Tate Publishing Group, 2014). And what’s interesting, I’ve sold quite a few BEFORE THE BOOK IS EVEN ON AMAZON! I’ve also been asked to speak at several conferences since the book’s release (I was just in Alaska speaking for a conference – on their dime, I might add). And I’m in NYC right now preparing for a client training day.
We’re all made to contribute something to this life, this world, and our particular niche. Mine is personal & professional development. What’s yours?