It is not imperative that they believe in you. It is imperative that you believe in you.
Whenever I mention BELIEF SYSTEM to leaders in the workshops I run, I always get:
- cultural connotations
- religious beliefs
- upbringing and parenting styles
But I rarely get people to admit their low levels of self confidence right up front. What’s interesting is, until you admit where you are, you can’t improve.
We all have shortcomings: in leadership, in life, at work, at home, in friendships, and within ourselves. The ultimate goal is success not perfection. Take the time to assess where you are, and simply improve your belief in yourself. On a scale of 1-10, are your self-confidence and belief systems operating at 11? Here are
Chris’ 7 tips to Increase Self-Belief:
- Realize the goal is success, not perfection. Fire. Aim. Repeat.
- Stop comparing. Learn from those before you, but put your twist on it.
- Look at your accomplishments to date. Revisit the things you’ve accomplished. I’m willing to believe you don’t have them close to you.
- Set solid, non-negotiable goals to increase your leverage. Enough said.
- Surround yourself with highly confident people. Your Top 5 (1 coach +2 mentors + 1 hype man/woman + 1 devil’s advocate). Read more about them in my eBook.
- Understand that if “it” has never been done, maybe because “it” is waiting on you. Some things can only be accomplished by you.
- Stop waiting for the moment to jump, it’s now. There’s never a right time, when the stars are aligned, and the moon is calling your name, and the money is in the account, and the perfect position is waiting for you. Create those circumstances.
These 7 tips will help you get started to the sure-fire 11 you deserve?
Care to share some insights about your belief system?