Is there such a thing as Overgiving? Giving too much to others? Hmmm. . . maybe, maybe not.
The one element of giving I’m speaking of this week is time. I’m absolutely in love with time, simple because:
We can’t re-create it;
We often misuse it;
We can work forever to master it, and it still eludes us;
This holiday season, take time for yourself and give unexpected time to family and friends, even if it’s over Skype, FaceTime or Oovoo. Here are a few sharables that may help you carve out a few minutes this holiday season:
- Wake up early, exercise, meditate, then spend time with your family.
- Spend Christmas connecting with family. Turn off the email and text for a day. It helps.
- Send hand-written notes to the people in your Top 5. Somehow, it feels like they hear your voice when reading notes.
- On December 26, complete your 2015 Goals while your raiding the fridge for leftovers.
- Get spontaneous and visit someone sick or shut in and take them some coffee. Listen to a war story or two.
That should get your started. Keep working at your personal productivity. Before you know it, you’ll be living 13-month years.
Happiest of Holidays from My Family to Yours,